Okay, I’m about to make your day-to-day life just a wee bit easier and more efficient. Hope this helps the grind.
If you’re like me, sometimes you waste time trying to get at that specific unread email from a few days back and you find yourself flicking down through all those emails you’ve already read then every few flicks you see that blue dot (unread email) fly by so you slam on the brakes and back up only to discover that’s not the email you’re looking for. (That’s an intentional #SuperLongRunOnSentence.) So, back to flicking down through scores more.
What a waste of time. Why doesn’t Apple have an iPhone/iPad filter to view only unread emails, just like you do on your laptop? They do. And, you can set it up quicker than it takes to read this post.
It’s as easy as 1-2-3:
- Open the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the back button on the top left until you see “Edit” at the top right
- Tap “Edit” then tap “Unread” which is below your accounts list, “VIO” and “Flagged.”
That’s it. Enjoy your improved productivity.
THREE BONUS TIPS:
- You can tap and hold on the right side of the screen to adjust the order of the mailboxes/filters
- You cannot filter unread emails within individual email accounts—The unread filter commingles unreads from all your accounts
- You can tweet or email Apple to encourage them to enable filtering unread emails within email accounts
Was this helpful? Any tips you can share?